Alcoholics Anonymous says an alcoholic/addict has to hit bottom before recovery is possible.
Is it the same with our planet?
An alcoholic needs soul-depth desolation before asking for help.
I’ve heard the world asking for help. More and more of us are thinking in terms of recovery. I dreamed our world cracked open as it hit its bottom. Recovery seeped out and we received the “word”. Here’s my recollection with patchwork – there was some incredible detail:
1. The Council for World Government will oversee every nation’s council and government. It will be chaired by three of the leaders whose countries served the planet most effectively in the previous year. Council members will be those leaders from the remaining nations.
- Each nations’ government will include one elected leader, a council numbering one elected person for every million people, and two civil servants per million people. In running for the position, candidates may only reference how they will serve; any reference to platforms of other candidates will call for immediate disqualification. They will offer a demonstrated and provable belief in unity. They will be students, employed people or persons retired from employment. They will have signed a Pledge of Dedication.
- All departments of the old government will become private sector operations. All armed forces personnel will become Keepers of the Nation. Personnel may transfer to service-oriented operations within home nations.
- Each government council will review the weekly reports and emergency reports submitted by the chairs of the Government, Bank, Resources or Peace Councils. Their approval will be posted for all of mankind to see. If they do not approve, communication will continue until resolution is achieved.
2. The World Bank Council will be created with the Dalai Lama as Chairman of the Board. Every person and nation will donate10% of their asset base to facilitate start-up for this bank.
- People will thereafter be taxed 10% of all earnings except those whose annual income is 35% or less of their nation’s average salary. They will pay 1% – thus securing their sense of rights resulting from contribution.
- No seniors will pay income tax on pension funds or retirement fund income unless their income is over 50% of their nation’s average annual income.
- The funds for the World Bank are to be used solely for the good of the planet. It will provide funding to bring and maintain hospitals and health services to a world standard. It will help floundering nations with health and educational needs while those nations are working with mentoring countries to bring themselves to recovery.
- Education will be predicated on a Socratic approach to learning allowing students to evolve at their own pace and interest. University education will offer academia, as needed, while students work in their fields as trainees on a practicum basis. Likewise for colleges. The first year of studies will contain all theory with practicums beginning in the second year.
- Health care will be free for all people whose income is in the lower half of the average income for that nation.
3. A Council of World Resources will be created, with Karen Armstrong (Chair of the Charter for Compassion) as Chairperson, with a mandate to share, distribute and maintain resources to all. While sharing a resource will not cause a supplying nation to experience deprivation of that resource, no nation will suffer due to a lack of that resource.
- Nikola Tesla’s Wireless Energy Transmission will replace all other energy techniques and will be supplied free of charge. People employed in current energy supply companies will be transferred into new service roles in health and education systems.
4. A Council of World Peace will be created with Prem Rawat (a spiritual teacher of inner peace) as Chairperson. Its mandate will be to replace aggression with actions of compassion and unity.
- Any person is able to submit a concern to the appropriate Council. Submissions are made first to the local member of the Council of World Government and are to be expressed in a 3 minute video or 100 words or less. If approved, the submission will be forwarded to Government, Bank, Resources or Peace Councils. One positive, innovative and brilliant submission may cause reconsideration of the matter globally. The results of the submission will be posted on the Internet.
Did you feel a bottom? Are we on the path of recovery? It would feel so good if we could:
- live lives of healthy, loving detachment from dysfunctional behaviour.
- name unacceptable behaviour and disallow it.
- show compassion and love as we would to any human showing signs of sickness or disease.
- be an example of dignity and grace.
- leave the crises in the hands of the nation that created it.
- check our outreach to see if it empowers rather than rescue and enable.
- allow nations the opportunity to resolve their own problems; thus empowering their spirits.
How would you add to this? I’d like to listen to your thoughts about global recovery.