My soul’s net unfurls in a wide arc. As it floats down to claim its catch, I have raced to be under it. Because the object of this blog is disclosure, the mysterious contents of the prize will be shared.
Ten days ago, a friend, Jay*, through email, asked if I would like to receive five visitors for five days. Since I did not have to change bedding, cook, or clean up after them, the proposal caught my attention. I read the details.
Jay explained that five Archangels would arrive on Thursday, November 18th, 2010 at 8:45 a.m: Archangel MICHAËL, Archangel GABRIEL, Archangel RAPHAËL, Archangel URIEL and Archangel METATRON.
Concensus does not exist in the world religions as to the roles, status and authenticity of Archangels. Some religions do name seven archangels. Of those seven, only four are on this tour, visiting my home. Archangel Metatron seems obscure even though some claim that he is the Highest of Archangels. He is not even named in the list of Seven (linked three sentences ago). He was seen sitting down by some sort of judicious body, a gesture reserved only for God apparently. Seems he may have fallen from grace over that political incorrectness and is just waiting to resume his position.
The delightful fact about this? While they are here, I can ask them anything. No limits. No barriers. I can ask for everything. And so I will. I’ll even ask Metatron about his lack of mention in the list of Seven Archangels.
Back to the rules for a moment:
When the Archangels arrived this morning, I said a prayer of welcome and gratitude. A small altar exists in their honour that includes:
- a white candle, which has to be lit for the 5 days while I am in the house,
- a white flower that I will put outside after the Archangel’s departure so it can go back to the earth.
- an envelope containing 3 wishes: one for myself, one for my family and one for the planet. I was warned: “Watch out this is powerful, remain clear in your words, precise but without too many details.”
- on the envelope I have put an apple, which I will eat after their departure.
The instructions go on to say that the house must be tidy and welcoming so that these Divine Beings can take position with love and peace. I like these Archangels. I don’t function well in clutter or an unclean environment either. My mind wanders, but I’m not sure whether it’s because I’m judging the scene or if I’m looking for the “hot spots” to avoid. Unless it is my mess, I am happy to leave it to the one responsible.
I learned to ignore messes very well. My mother gloried herself in many hearts due to her incredible humanity, but she did not endear herself to any of my secret domestic facets. As a teenager, if I touched something in the house that was not mine, someone would claim that it was my duty to clean up the wreckage around it.
Over the next five days, I will tidy up after Duc-la-Chat and myself. While the Archangels perform various blessings, I am to pray, contemplate and meditate. When I go out, they’ll come, too. Back to driving the speed limit for a while. Tonight, I’m attending a woman’s circle, but I’ll chance that the “fellas” will remain invisible.
Apparently, I have a daily appointment at 10:45 p.m. at which time I may ask questions and listen for answers. They like to communicate between 5:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m. and between 3:00 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.
Why am I telling you about this? I have some serious requests. I will tell you three of them – neither are from the sealed envelope:
1. I submitted a short story to the Writer’s Digest. Jamie gave me the nudge so I complied. Please, Archangels, arrange for me to win first prize. The prize includes a trip to New York and some cash. That’s the “neon” part of winning. The “soul” part? The article is published and, with a trip to New York, I have the opportunity to visit one of my Soul Journer friends, Kadian. She lives in the vicinity.
2. I ask for concrete proof and assurance that I have enough assets to continue living life as a writer, free from worry about earning money.
3. Please assure that Duc is continuously in good health.
Over the next few blogs, I’ll report on the little things that have already amazed me.
Since I will be going through a number of white candles, I will continue creating my wax sculpture.
The other object to this whole exercise is to be open, to make myself vulnerable, to show you my soul. On a TED.com video, a talk moved me to take this stance and build a window into my life. Breaking away from my love of privacy, this will be a challenge.
Besides, it will be fun to share what the Archangels will do/are doing in my life and my home.
My fear is not what you will find. Rather it is what you will not find!
(*Not his real name.)